As local organizers, we would like to draw your attention to and cordially invite you to participate to in the upcoming PLATAN 2019 meeting. With this first circular, we just would like to explain the details of this meeting, point out its focus to you and like to advise you to block the dates accordingly.
Platan-2019 will serve as interdisciplinary forum for exchange between experimental and theoretical researchers and students in the research areas such as
- tests of fundamental interactions and symmetries using lasers and traps
- structural properties of elementary particles, nuclei & atoms using laser & storage techniques
- laser ion sourcery at hot cavities, gas cells and jets
- precision laser spectroscopy
- high-precision mass spectrometry
- spectroscopic routes to heavy and super-heavy elements
- production and spectroscopy of exotic atoms
- trace analysis by nuclear fingerprints
- cooling and trapping techniques devoted to exotic ion beams
- development and applications of gas catchers, ion guides and gas-jets
- dedicated laser sources for atomic and nuclear research
Looking forward to welcome you in Mainz in May 2019!
Michael Block and Klaus Wendt
The PLATAN 2019 Conference is organized by: